DIVERSITY IN ADULT EDUCATION
Title DIVERSITY IN ADULT EDUCATION
Acronym DIVINA EDU
Programme Erasmus +
Project Number 2016-1-ES01-KA204-025537
Start – End Date 31/12/2016 – 30/12/2018
Duration 24 months
Action Erasmus+/KA2/Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices/ Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Funding Agency Spanish National Agency
Total Project Funding 113.382,00 €
Project Homepage http://diversityadultedu.eu/
“DIVERSITY IN ADULT EDUCATION” (DIVINA EDU) project is an EU funded project under Erasmus+ strategic partnerships, aiming to provide specific skills and tools for adult education trainers and staff in order to manage diversity in adult education institutions. The project pursues the following objectives:
- To raise awareness and provide information on diversity issues in adult education.
- To promote the personal development of adult educators and other stakeholders in adult education.
- To promote the creation of a safe and equitable learning environment in adult education that will facilitate individuals to take full advantage of the learning opportunities offered to them.
- To prevent adult bullying and other forms of discrimination in education, thus promoting equity and social cohesion.
- To build on accumulated experience and disseminate good practices, in order to further advance diversity management in adult education.
The project aims to achieve the following concrete outcomes:
- Research report on diversity issues, bullying, and coping strategies in adult education for the identification of local needs and best practices.
- Development of a training methodology and a course outline on diversity management in adult education.
- New training modules for trainers and administrative staff will be developed, along with training material and an assessment methodology.
- A training platform will be developed as a means to deliver the training and to facilitate networking and support of the learners.