Title CitizensHip cOmpetences to tackle clImate ChangEs
Project Number 2021-1-IT02-KA220-SCH-000034361
Start – End Date 01/12/2021 – 30/11/2023
Duration 24 months
Action ERASMUS/KEY ACTION 2 – COOPERATION FOR INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES
Funding Agency European Commission
Total Project Funding 292.250,00€
Project Homepage https://projectchoice.eu/
To support the development of school students’ citizenship competences, enabling them to do their part in the fight against climate change through the adoption of sustainable behaviors.
The project tackles the issue of citizenship education in primary and secondary schools, with a specific focus on raising awareness on climate change, through the definition and experimentation of an innovative set of laboratorial citizenship education.
- Define an innovative Set of Citizenship Education Activities on Climate Change to be implemented in primary and secondary schools, involving students, teachers and families, for the development of sustainable behaviours aiming to contribute to tackle climate changes through the reduction of CO2 emissions;
- Upskill schoolteachers enabling them to successfully contribute to develop citizenship competences in their students;
- Foster the establishment of school-families alliances as a joint effort to contribute to raise awareness on climate change;
- Support European policies on climate change.
The main result of the CHOICE project is the creation of a Set of Citizenship Education Activities on Climate Change.
After the definition of the main relevant citizenship competences in the context of climate change, we are preparing a series of educational paths that will be used by teachers with primary and secondary school students.
In order to better design and validate the set of activities, we need to collect your feedback on the set of activities and on the teachers’ skill gaps regarding citizenship education on climate change!
If you are a teacher or a school manager, you will have access, once completed, to the CHOICE’s Set of educational activities, thus acquiring new training methods and techniques for the integration of the selected citizenship education activities in your teaching practice! Moreover, you will be in invited to one of the multiplier events of the project!
If you are a parent, you will benefit indirectly through your kids who will raise awareness on climate change, learning together with them how we can help environmental conservation in our day-to-day life and adopt more sustainable habits!
All of you will collaborate to the improvement of the educational tools that will be delivered to the students, thus contributing to the adoption of more sustainable behaviours to tackle climate changes through the reduction of CO2 emission
- Ιtaly: Deep Blue, Project coordinator
- Greece: Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus”
- Ιtaly: Consorzio Ro.Ma.
- Italy: IMS Giordano Bruno Presentation
- Turkey: TEK Ortaokulu
- Greece:16th Dimotiko Larissas
- Poland: Primary School in Janków Przygodzki
- Romania: Scoala Metropolitana ARC