Title Environmentally Conscious Smart Lighting
Acronym ROMAN ROUTES
Project Number 2019-1-IT02-KA203-062798
Start – End Date 1/12/2019 – 30/11/2022
Duration 36 months
Action KA2- Sector Skills Alliances in vocational education and training
Funding Agency European Commission
Total Project Funding €982.606,00
Project Homepage http://www.ecoslight.eu/
The construction sector faces new challenges in order to provide smart, energy efficient and sustainable lighting environments for infrastructure, cities, buildings and the industry, in order to follow the 2050 low-carbon economy roadmap of the European Commission. Thanks to the growing demand for energy-efficient lighting systems, building on smart technologies, as well as the striving efforts to reduce the ecological footprint and at the same time promote healthy and safe living, the Smart Lightning Market is expected to grow at a 20%. Additionally, shifts to the digital economy and universal connectivity enabling the IoT will be dominant trends across industries in the coming three decades.
There is an imminent and growing need of lighting design skills that bring together lighting design and smart technologies, as well as skills that take into account ecological and human-centric issues on lighting systems in the connected world that we live in. The creation of an Environmentally Conscious Smart Lighting (ECOSLIGHT) Designers training program will actively enhance employability and improve career prospects of lighting-related professionals, while also help businesses to find the right competences they need to increase their competitiveness.
ECOSLIGHT will identify the competences required as well as particular job role profiles related to them, and will create modular VET curricula (EQF 5) based on the learning outcomes approach and the adult learning principles. Engaged professionals will be up-skilled participating to a MOOC and to specialized professional development activities, including work-based learning and collaborating through communities of interest. The project will adopt EQF, ECVET and EQAVET in order to improve the recognition of the identified qualification, both in EU and national levels (mapping to NQFs of the piloting countries). ECOSLIGHT will build upon well-known and widely accepted EU frameworks, such as the European e-Competence Framework, DigComp, EntreComp, and the framework for the 21st century skills. Overall, the project is expected to present a serious impact in raising the productivity and results of professionals working in the construction sector, and especially in the areas of exploitation of contemporary technologies, energy saving, and human well-being.
The main outcomes of ECOSLIGHT will be the following:
- A report on the supply and demand of competences in the Construction Sector (oriented to lighting and IoT needs), as well as the corresponding existing training offers at national (for Greece, Italy, Germany and France) and the European level.
- Emerging job role profiles for ECOSLIGHT Professionals related to lighting design and lighting technologies.
- Competence based modular VET curricula for the identified job role profiles, based on widely recognized on the EU-level frameworks (e-CF 3.0, DigComp 2.1, EntreComp, etc).
- A MOOC addressing the common needs of the job role profiles.
- Specialization Training Courses including e-Learning, face-to-face and work based learning.
- National sector alliances.
- The ECOSLIGHT European Conference.