Empowering the youth through Financial Literacy
Title Empowering the youth through Financial Literacy
Project Number 2021-1-BE05-KA220-YOU-000028483
Start – End Date 01/12/2021 – 30/11/2023
Duration 24 months
Action KA220-YOU-Cooperation partnership in youth
Funding Agency European Commission
Total Project Funding €126.253.00
Project Homepage n/a
Τhis project is focused on strengthening the employability of young people by supporting them to acquire & develop competencies & skills on financial literacy aiming at palliating the effects of the COVID-19 crisis & fostering social & labor market inclusion & employability through an increased entrepreneurial spirit& mindset. It is through the enhancement of these entrepreneurial competencies that young people are expected to better contribute to tackling challenges & identifying problems in their daily lives ensuring a proactive mindset that helps their access to the labor market well as prepared employees or self-employment.
The objectives of this project are:
- Increasing the financial literacy of youth workers directly working with disadvantaged youngsters.
- Increasing social & labor market inclusion and entrepreneurial skills of disadvantaged young people by boosting their competencies & skills on financial literacy through non-formal education tools and methodologies.
The main outcomes of the project are:
- Practical guide on Financial Literacy
- Toolkit for youth workers on “Financial Literacy through non-formal education tools & activities”
- Series of policy recommendations on new ways to empower the youth through financial literacy
- MOOC “Financial Literacy in the digital era”
- Youth Proactiv, Belgium (COORDINATOR)
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center – SiNC, Georgia
- Fundacjaedukacyjno – sportowa reGeneracja, Poland
- Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Universidad del Pais Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibersitatea, Spain