Title Open Lab for the up-skilling of higher educational staff in on-line Management Education – OLMEdu
Project Number 2020-1-CY01-KA226-HE-082724
Start – End Date 01/03/2021 – 28/02/2023
Duration 24 months
Action KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Funding Agency CY01 Foundation for the Management of European Lifelong Learning Programmes
Total Project Funding €281.147,00
Project Homepage https://www.olmedu.eu/
The OLMEdu project addresses the challenge of digital transformation in Higher Education (HE), which has been imposed in the last years and especially during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This transformation has stressed the need to offer support and training to higher education staff (HES) in acquiring the appropriate ICT knowledge and skills to successfully support e-learning. In Management Education (ME) this process is even more demanding as a set of social and economic studies which is associated with solving problems and decision-making situations.
OLMedu envisions to directly involve 30 participants (Higher Education Staff – HES) in total throughout the simulation toolbox piloting and the e-learning platform piloting, reach 1000 beneficiaries (HES), and involve 30 stakeholders/experts in the need assessment and development of the learning outcomes.
The target groups are listed below:
Main target group: Educational staff at HEIs in the field of ME and Leadership, including university faculty directors and professional trainers in ME.
Experts: Industry experts/business representatives, local authorities, such as representatives of Ministries of Education, Commerce, and Industry, as well as policymakers at a European level and MEPs.
Other stakeholders: Other Higher Education Institutions in fields other than Management Education, other training, educational, and consultancy organizations across the EU and internationally.
OLMEdu seeks to create an open lab for the up-skilling of Higher Education Staff (HES) in online management education. The project aims to:
- provide higher educational staff with the proper knowledge, skills, and competencies required to facilitate distance learning using technologies and tools of online training.
- cultivate their ability to embed the appropriate pedagogies, into the online environment, form their teaching-learning process using online methodologies, adjusted to the training context of ME.
- create training activities and learning material to be studied and followed by HEI educational staff in order them to effectively create positive learning environments for their students, train them to collaborate, make decisions, solve problems, and integrate them into strategic scenarios
- create the capacity of HEI training staff to develop online simulations and integrate them in their training offering practice using a newly developed user-friendly tool.
- create an open-access learning repository and online community of practice for the development of online training delivery skills and competencies for HEI educational staff.