Title Renewed Models for the Inclusion of Disadvantaged Adults
Project Number 2019-1-IT02-KA204-063171
Start – End Date 01/09/2019 – 31/08/2021
Duration 24 months
Action KA2 Strategic Partnerships
Funding Agency European Commission
Total Project Funding €299.058,00
Project Homepage –
The R.E.M.I.D.A. project intends to contribute to countering the problem of social exclusion of over-45 disadvantaged adults, in line with the actions implemented by Member States. Unemployment in the more adult age group risks to become crystallized over time, also because it often concerns poorly-educated workers, with low qualifications or with out-of-date qualifications and skills, immigrants or ex-prisoners. Therefore, the actions supporting the social inclusion of the over 45 adults at risk are fundamental.
The project’s specific objectives are to:
- To define of an innovative model of intervention for the personal empowerment of 45+ adults at risk of social-working exclusion. This model comes from adaptation of the Lego Serious Play principles to the adult 45+ target and its alignment with consolidated methodologies for adult education, training assessment and orientation.
- To upskill the operators of adult education centers, engaged in activities in favor of adults 45+ at risk of social exclusion.
- To support to European processes for enhancing informal and non-formal skills / abilities of this target group
The REMIDA project merges different pedagogical and educational aspects into a unique methodology. More specifically it merges:
- Adult Education methodologies,
- Best Practices on Adults guidance and counselling,
- Valorization of informal skills, and
- Lego Serious Play.
in order to develop the REMIDA innovative model for the empowerment and career counseling of disadvantaged adults. The end result will be validated in operator/trainers trainings and pilots.
The REMIDA project will produces the following key outcomes:
IO1 – New model of intervention for employability and social inclusion of 45+ adults at risk of exclusion that includes
- A “REMIDA” training course with learning objectives and learning outcomes
- “REMIDA” training course methodological foundations
- “REMIDA” training course for trainers
- “REMIDA” training additional resources (case studies)
The R.E.M.I.D.A. project will have a significant impact on partner organizations and participating operators, stakeholders and key actors at the local, national and EU levels. The project’s expected impact on adults in a situation of disadvantage is to increase their opportunities for social and work inclusion, (re) inclusion in active participation processes and in the labor market, as well as to enhance their life experiences, increasing their self-esteem and awareness.