Title UPDATE – User-friendly Practical Distance Active Training Experience
Project Number 2021-1-IT01-KA220-VET-000032930
Start – End Date 24/01/2022 – 23/01/2024
Duration 24 months
Action KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training
Funding Agency European Commission
Total Project Funding €275,550.00
Project Homepage n/a
UPDATE starts from the need to structure a digital eco-system in the VET field – meant as a combination of technical infrastructures, organisation abilities, trainers’ skills, and learning quality contents – highly effective and sustainable, based on the assumption that the change is feasible only if you act on three dimensions: pedagogical, technological, and organisational.
The implementation and strengthening of the digital VET ecosystem will be carried out through:
- the collection, development, implementation, and validation, at a transnational level, of methodologies, tools, and innovative practices for digital didactic applied to learning professional competences and practical and manual contents, and
- the reinforcement/ updating of the digital competences (pedagogical and technological) of tutors and trainers.
The general objective is to improve the quality of vocational training delivered by VET organisations – in view of increasing the learning opportunities, inclusion and training success of learners, as well as their employability – reinforcing the trainers and tutors’ abilities to implement forms of blended and distance didactic and apply the new technologies to the training activities of high practical and manual content (specific feature of vocational training).
The project foresees the implementation of 3 tangible outcomes:
- research (R1), identification of the good practices, methodologies and digital techniques in relation to practical- manual teaching activities
- blended training for trainers’ course (R2),
- integration plan of the technologies in didactics (R3).
Along with the creation of tangible outcomes, there are also intangible ones that refer to both inter-organisation learning and enhancement of the attractiveness of the VET system. Through the project, each partner, in view of a continuous improvement, will be able to integrate the didactic practices in use and redefine their training model, innovating, at the same time, work processes and contents. Finally, the project partners foresee to contribute to the modernisation process of the VET system and to the improvement of the quality of the training offer at large. Each partner is the expression of stakeholder networks at a local, regional, national, and international level, whose involvement will enable to promote, at different levels, a continuous dialogue on the topics of digital pedagogy and didactics in the VET sector, in line with the expected objectives and impact of the Erasmus+ Programme.