On 6th December 2021, with the participation of tutors, teachers, researchers, public servants, policy designers and people interested in the development of digital competences, a vivid related event took place.
More specifically, the DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University (HOU), the Greek BIBLIO partner, organized an online event entitled “Development of digital skills of professionals and citizens” aiming at presenting the valuable educational tools (MOOCS and online courses) that have been developed by the Group through the implementation of numerous EU projects (e.g. BIBLIO, ESSA, EUHerit, Roman Routes, SILVHER, Smart Devops και STEAMOnEdu). The event was powered by PatrasIQ 2021 (Innovation & Technology), the reference and interconnection point of the relevant ecosystem of the city of Patras. It is noteworthy, that the “PATRAS IQ” initiative embraces education, innovation, research and entrepreneurship on annual basis and at national level for more than eight years on the row. It has been strongly supported by Hellenic Open University (HOU) since the beginning and is being implemented in Patras, metropolitan centre of Western Greece, the city of the HOU Headquarters.
Prof Achilles KAMEAS, Director of DAISSy Research Group of HOU, the Greek partner of BIBLIO, launched the webinar and presented in brief the profile of DAISSy, its mission, objectives and map of projects. Dr Leonidas Papachristopoulos, Librarian at DLIC-HOU, delivered the speech about the BIBLIO project and highlighted the way it contributes to the formation of the modern librarian. Leonidas presented the content and functionalities of the BIBLIO MOOC, as well as the benefits that it offers to the participants. The BIBLIO MOOC modules were briefly described as well as the timetable, study effort and benefits. Leonidas, pinpointed the remarkable number of the trainees (1.367 participants), the variety of their background (university students, librarians, museum staff, teachers, ICT professionals) and place of origin (40 countries). He described the multi-dimensional content of the BIBLIO training program, by explaining that the MOOC is part of the modular training programme, to be followed by the BIBLIO blended training course and the work-based learning activities.
- The online discussion was vivid and raised the interest of the speakers and participants. The event proved to be an excellent platform of matching BIBLIO with PATRAS IQ providing added value to the establishment of new bonds, the enrichment of stakeholders, the promotion of the project and its current results
- The DAISSy Research Group of the HOU is the Greek partner of the BIBLIO project (ERASMUS+ / 612411-EPP-1-2019-1-IT-EPPKA2-SSA) and implements it, in cooperation with the Distance Library and Documentation Centre (DLIC) of the HOU, associate partner.
Stay tuned and remember to visit the site of the BIBLIO project and to check the “Stories” of the BILBIO partners! https://www.biblio-project.eu/stories/
For more information about the BIBLIO project as well as other activities of the DAISSy-HOU:
- Website : http://daissy.eap.gr/en/ https://www.biblio-project.eu/
- Facebook : @DAISSyResearchGroup, @DigitalBiblio
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daissyresearchgroup/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/daissy_research, @digitalbiblio
- Instagram: @daissy_researchgroup
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org